Thursday, November 20, 2008

R.I.P Uncle Bill (11-19-08)

My uncle died yesterday. He was only in his 50's. Isn't that sad? Apparently he had a massive hart attack when he was up on a latter in his garage.

He fell.

I cried.

very sad day for my family.

At first i was sad. But everybody is sad when someone you know dies right? I couldn't stop thinking about how the day before i was thinking about seeing him this year and fishing with him. But then i thought, he's going home now. . .good.

My parents do not know if my Uncle believed in Jesus, or if he went to church every Sunday. when i asked my dad if he went to heaven. He told me that he did not know.

Here is a summary of our conversation:

Me: At least he is in heaven now. . . He's happy.

Dad: I don't know. . .the bible is very specific. . (I don't remember the rest. .)

Me: God wouldn't turn down a good soul. I don't think he would reject someone who hadn't found Jesus yet. . would he?

In the end I got frustrated. My dad told me what he believed, and no matter how hard i tried, i could not make him tell me what i need to hear, or answer my questions. He didn't know.

I'm talking to My youth paster on Sunday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be returning in hope of a answer- like the blog!